*Welcome*

Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy everything you see. I am an Freelance Makeup Artist, Graphic Designer, swimwear designer and stylist, and love all things beauty and fashion! On this blog you will find makeup looks from myself and other makeup gurus, product hauls and review, looks I've styled through Polyvore, and a look through my closet, and makeup/beauty collection. Enjoy! And don't be afraid to leave a comment!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: Cover Girl Clean Foundation


Hello Dolls,

About two days ago, I decided that since I am running out of my Sephora Collection foundation and only have a sample of MACS Studio Sculpt, I would go out and see if I can find a good, affordable, drug store foundation. So, I went to my local CVS and browsed the cosmetic isles looking for different foundations, their prices, and if they had my color.

Before I picked up the Cover Girl Clean foundation, I stopped by L'Oreal's True Color Match foundation and Black Radiance. The L'Oreal True Color Match collection had my color (Nut Brown, i think) but it was a bit pricey for what I wanted to pay for a drugstore foundation. It retailed at about $11 if I can remember. The Black Radiance foundation was about $5, but I hadn't heard anything about the product, so I decided to continue looking.

Came across the Cover Girl Clean foundation, and decided to give it a try! If I am not mistaken they have three different categories for their foundation, which include normal skin, sensitive skin and oil control. I went with normal skin, although my skin tends to get oily at times. But that's nothing that a great setting powder or mattifying ointment couldn't solve.

I used the product today and I actually like it. For an every day use I would use this foundation. You don't need a lot of product, just a great foundation/blending brush to apply it. The coverage was good, but not as great as the coverage I get from using brands like NARS, MAC, and Cover FX. But overall the foundation gave me good coverage and a fresh face. If I was going out somewhere special or was taking lots of pictures, I would probably end up going with a high-end foundation, but for everyday use this is a great product. My face looked fresh and smooth, without looking like I had on foundation.

Check out below, what the contents of the bottle state:
  • Designed for normal skin
  • Natural coverage that feels and looks fresh
  • Water-based, won't clog pores
  • Use with Clean Normal Skin pressed powder, in the brown compact, for a fresh finish

The color I chose for my skin was 165 TAWNY. Which is the last color under the normal skin collection.

I recommend browsing through your local CVS or any drugstore that has a cosmetics section and just see what they have to offer!

1 comment: