*Welcome*

Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy everything you see. I am an Freelance Makeup Artist, Graphic Designer, swimwear designer and stylist, and love all things beauty and fashion! On this blog you will find makeup looks from myself and other makeup gurus, product hauls and review, looks I've styled through Polyvore, and a look through my closet, and makeup/beauty collection. Enjoy! And don't be afraid to leave a comment!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coastal Scents Haul & Review

Hey dolls,

So a little before Christmas I made placed an order with Coastal Scents. I got free shipping because Coastal Scents offers free shipping with orders over $50.

I was extremely pleased with my order. The package came about a week after I placed my order. I purchased these items so that I could build my freelance makeup kit more. I haven't used all of these products yet, but for the ones I have tried in the last couple of weeks, I will provide a review.

So here goes...hope you enjoy!

COASTAL SCENTS

1. 22 Piece Brush SetI absolutely love this brush set. About a year or two ago I purchased Coastal Scents 13 piece brush set, and compared to the 22 piece brush set, the 22 piece is much better quality and of course quantity! I haven't used all of the brushes in this set, but the ones I have used are PERFECT! Especially the foundation buffer brush! Its my new favorite. I don't need a lot of product and it applies flawlessly to my skin. I think this is a must-have for beginner MUA's. It comes with a combination of eye, lip, eyebrow, and face brushes. Glad I made this purchase. Retailed at $34.95.

2. Lip Quads
(In Sun Kissed & Juicy Pink)This is my first time buying lip palettes. Coastal Scents offers a total of 4 lip quads. I chose to purchase the Sun Kissed and Juicy Pink quads because they offered shades that I would use the most on myself as well as clients. They are very pigmented, but tend to look dry if a clear (or another color) gloss isn't applied on top. I can't wait to use these palettes on my clients!
Retailed at $6.95 ea.

3. Go Palette: LondonCoastal Scents offers 7 Go Palettes that are mini size palettes each with 12 shades inspired by the country the palette represents. Each palette represents a city in the world, that include: London, Paris, Moscow, Bejing, Sydney, Nuuk, and Cairo. I chose to purchase the London palette because of the purple and teal shades. Before purchasing I looked at you tube videos of swatches from each palette. I have yet to use this palette, but I have personally swatched each color and they are all pigmented well and I can't wait to use it!
Retailed at $8.95.

4. Pro-Blending FluffThis is my second time purchasing this brush, so I own two. One for my personal use and the other for my kit. I love it! I use it daily. Its my go to brush when I am blending a neutral shade (or any other color) into my crease. This is a must-have!

5. Camo-Quads
(in Medium)



Coastal Scents offer 3 different Camo-Quads that feature four shades of concealer depending on skin tone...they come in light, medium and dark. I purchased the medium quad, but plan on purchasing the dark quad as well. Each quad comes with a white concealer, which I believe is for mixing purposes to get the perfect shade. I have used this product on me and love it. I only use it to highlight the brow bone and above the brow. I have not used it yet as a under eye concealer. But for the brow bone, it works great and blends evenly! Love it! Can't wait to use it on clients!
Retailed at $7.95.


For my Coastal Scents products go to:
www.coastalscents.com







No comments:

Post a Comment